Black & White Ebony Knife Scale - 1" x 1-1/2" x 5"
Woodcraft has brought together the most exceptional stock of domestic and exotic hardwood knife scale blanks–1" thick solid stock or matching 3/8" pieces. Each piece was selected for its striking figure and milled to sizes that make the knife making process easy and efficient with...
Black and White Ebony (Diospyros embryopteris) is an exotic wood with color that will vary, usually uniformly black with light-colored bands, pale to medium brown zones, or with marked contrast between almost white and black wood. The wood has a fine texture with mostly straight grain. A rare find. The wood takes a high finish and turns well. Ebony is commonly used for small ornamental purposes, such as piano keys, musical instrument parts, pool cues, carvings, and other small specialty items.
- Exceptionally dense and strong
- Black with light bands
- Takes a high finish and turns well
- Native to Southeast Asia and Laos
- Thickness: 1"
- Width: 1-1/2"
- Length: 5"
- (1) Black & White Ebony Knife Scale - 1" x 1-1/2" x 5"
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.
Articles & Blogs
Craft custom knives for your favorite chef or yourself with Woodcraft’s new ZHEN Premium Damascus Knife Kits and Knife Scale Stock. Designed with the professional chef in mind, ZHEN Knives are the perfect gift for anyone who enjoys cooking, whether an amateur or professional, and making the high quality knives is easy with these kits. Years of Japanese knife making skill and technology go into forging the knife blades in these kits.
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 186783
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 160088
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 148865
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 160091
Cousineau Wood ProductsItem 164097
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 159718