Douglas Fir Wood Veneer Sheet - 4' x 8' - Vertical Grain - 2-Ply Wood on Wood
This item has an additional shipping charge
Whether you’re a hobbyist or a furnituremaker, you’ll be delighted with the results you get with this all natural wood veneer by Sauers and Company. Douglas Fir is a pale yellow to a reddish golden light brown color. It is a very common softwood of medium density that is easy to work...
Whether you’re a hobbyist or a furnituremaker, you’ll be delighted with the results you get with this all natural wood veneer by Sauers and Company. Douglas Fir is a pale yellow to a reddish golden light brown color. It is a very common softwood of medium density that is easy to work with, very strong, and has a smooth soft texture. Douglas Fir wood veneer accepts stains and finishes well. A clear coat finish will preserve the warmth and beauty of the wood’s natural color. Paper-backed veneer is a real wood veneer permanently bonded to a paper backing. This backing is applied to keep intact the individual wood veneers used to make up the full width of the sheet. A four foot wide paper-backed veneer consists of multiple veneers glued together side by side. The backing also minimizes seasonal expansion and contraction of the wood caused by changes in ambient humidity.
- Applications include furniture repair and manufacture, countertops and shelves and architectural millwork
- Book-matched with precision matched spliced seam lines
- Flexible, making application an easy process
- Pre-sanded and ready to finish
- Consistent color
- Species: Douglas Fir
- Width: 4'
- Length: 8'
- Cut/Style: Vertical
- Backing Type: 2-Ply Wood on Wood
- (1) Douglas Fir Wood Veneer Sheet - 4' x 8' - Vertical Grain - 2-Ply Wood on Wood
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, while the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
Shipping / Billing InformationThis is a custom made product and is non-returnable. Once placed, order cannot be cancelled.
- Your order will ship in approximately 10-14 business days.
- This product ships direct from the manufacturer and is considered special order.
- Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states.
- Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Returns allowed only due to manufacturers defect and must be in an unprocessed condition. Defect-related returns must be received within 30 days.If you have a defect issue, contact Woodcraft Supply customer service @ 1-800-535-4482 for details.
When returning product, please include the invoice number or customer number and refer to the back of the invoice for shipping instructions.
If purchased at a Woodcraft Store, please return the item directly to the store where your purchase was made.
Articles & Blogs
Vertical Grain Douglas-Fir
Douglas-fir is one of the United States’ most plentiful softwoods. Due to its excellent strength-to-weight ratio, it has long been the go-to species for carpentry and construction projects.
White Birch Wood Veneer Sheet - 4' x 8' - Rotary Cut Spliced - 2-Ply Wood on WoodItem 420549
Madrone Burl Wood Veneer Sheet - 4' x 8' - 2-Ply Wood on WoodItem 420570
Maple Burl Wood Veneer Sheet - 4' x 8' - 2-Ply Wood on WoodItem 420575
Red Oak Wood Veneer Sheet 4' x 8' - Plain Sliced - 2-Ply Wood on WoodItem 420582
Walnut Burl Wood Veneer Sheet - 4' x 8' - 2-Ply Wood on WoodItem 420594
Zebrawood Wood Veneer Sheet - 4' x 8' - Quarter Cut - 2-Ply Wood on WoodItem 420599
White Oak Wood Veneer Sheet - 4' x 8' - Rift Cut - 2-Ply Wood on WoodItem 420593