Ramelson - Delft Clay Casting Kit
If you want a top of the line casting process, the Delft Clay Method is a highly refined form of sand casting that substitutes genuine Delft clay from Holland for ordinary casting sand. Invented by...
Item 427132Model 8bowl&4pitch
Item 163372Model AW-CP03
Item 419131Model 1178O
Item 419124Model 1172M
This is a cold-molding process, molds can be made from patterns composed of wood, wax, epoxy, plastics, and of course, metal. Because this is a type of sand casting, it is best suited for producing castings without pronounced undercuts.
1. Fill and compact the Clay into one half of the aluminum ring frame
2. Remove excess clay with a straight edge (e.g. a flexible steel ruler)
3. Press your original pattern halfway into the clay.
4. Brush Mica Powder or talcum powder over this surface of the mold
5. Install the other half of the aluminum ring frame, fill with clay and compact
6. Open the ring frame and remove the pattern
7. Carve out a pouring channel and vents
8. Pour in liquid materials into The Delft Clay Casting
- 4.4 lbs. Delft Clay
- 2 – 60mm diameter Aluminum Ring Frame
- detailed Instructions
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 5 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by USPS within the states, PO Boxes, APO and all US Territories.