Delft Clay Casting Kit with 60 mm Ring Frames
If you want a top of the line casting process, the Delft Clay Method is a highly refined form of sand casting that substitutes genuine Delft clay from Holland for ordinary casting sand. Invented by Hans Karreman, a Dutch goldsmith, the use of Delft Clay is much finer than casting sand....
- Use to create sharp and highly detailed castings in gold, silver, copper-based alloys, pewter etc.
- Castings require very little finishing work
- Clay can be reused
- Molds can be made from patterns composed of wood, wax, epoxy, plastics and metal
- (1) 4.4 lb bag of Ramelson Delft Clay
- (2) 60 mm diameter Aluminum Ring Frames
- (1) Detailed Instructions
Instructions for Use:
- Fill and compact the Clay into one half of the aluminum ring frame
- Remove excess clay with a straight edge (e.g. a flexible steel ruler)
- Press your original pattern halfway into the clay
- Brush Mica Powder or talcum powder over this surface of the mold
- Install the other half of the aluminum ring frame, fill with clay and compact
- Open the ring frame and remove the pattern
- Carve out a pouring channel and vents
- Pour in liquid materials into The Delft Clay Casting
Shipping / Billing InformationThis product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 5 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by USPS within the states, PO Boxes, APO and all US Territories.
Lizard BlanksItem 167182
Lizard BlanksItem 167173
Lizard BlanksItem 167178