The JET® Cyclonic Chip Separator maximizes dust collection efficiency by maintaining the air flow of a dust collection system by deflecting chips and large debris inline freeing up dust collection filters to trap fine particles. The red bullet separator deflects chips downward into a...
Items You May Need
The JET® Cyclonic Chip Separator maximizes dust collection efficiency by maintaining the air flow of a dust collection system by deflecting chips and large debris inline freeing up dust collection filters to trap fine particles. The red bullet separator deflects chips downward into a bin, reducing damage and obstruction to the dust collection hoses, impellors and filters. With the included bolt pattern, you can customize the JET Cyclonic Chip Separator on the lid of almost any size container.
- Maintains the air flow of a dust collection system by deflecting chips and large debris inline freeing up dust collection filters to trap fine particles
- Deflects chips downward to a bin, reducing damage and obstruction to the dust collection hoses, impellors and filters
- Extends the life of the filter and impellers by extracting the larger debris before entering the dust collector
- Clear Polycarbonate material allows for viewing of separation
- May be placed on the lid of almost any size container
- Includes a bolt pattern
- Product Length: 15.75”
- Product Width: 8.7”
- Product Height: 11.1”
- Hose Connection Diameter: 4”
- (1) Jet - Cyclonic Chip Separator
- (2) 4" Wire hose clamps
- (1) Mounting Template (bolt pattern)
- For best performance, select cutterhead and cutting speed to produce chips 2” or smaller.
Shipping / Billing InformationAll shipments must be inspected and any damage reported within 3 days of receipt.
Address corrections and cancellations may not be possible once order is submitted. Requested changes may incur additional charges.
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in 7-10 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
I put in a 2 hp dust system with a jet cyclonic separator on a 30 gal plastic barrel an i can't say more than wow. It works great i don't think I will ever have to do anything with the bag ,an it's nice to see the wood going through
Good, not perfect
I’ve been using this separator with a 2 HP Grizzly dust collector for about a month now, attached to a 55 Gallon drum. I would say overall it’s decent. For most of what I do, it does a good job separating chips. I’ve emptied my 55 gallon drum twice in the past month with only about and inch or two of dust in the collector. Not nearly as extreme as the other reviews here. I will say when I am a bit more aggressive with my planing, the big chips clog the Jet separator pretty quickly so I either have to slow my pace or stop to unclog the intake. Annoying but not the end of the world. For the price and the brand, I definitely expected better, but overall I’m satisfied with it for now.
Looks better than it works
I ran this with a 2HP grizzly dust collector and it was a waste of money. I would say MAYBE 50% of the chips and dust were captured in the drum and the other 50% went to the bag. I’ve since returned it, should’ve stuck with Oneida.
Nice looking but does not work
Purchased because it looks very modern and it is made by Jet. I connected to my new Laguna BFlux dust collector and Powermatic joiner. Sadly only half of the dust and chips went into the drum... the plastic bag got the other half... not what inexpected from Jet. See video review on Youtube
Works when you don’t need it, not when you do need it
I bought this at woodcraft, no one there had any experience with it, I was impressed initially. It’s fun to watch the dust whip around in the vortex. It handles dust great. Unfortunately, I need it when planing 8” wide walnut or ripping 8/4 stock. I’d rather not have all that debris going through my dust collector’s impeller. This unit is a total “fail” with tasks like this. The vortex rapidly chokes up and clogs up the entire system. I got so frustrated I went back to my $25.00 trash can lid vortex. Wish I could take it back or get an upgrade free from Jet once they have the bugs worked out
Oneida Air SystemsItem 171907