Next Wave Automation
CNC Piranha FX Laser Package
Proudly made in the USA, the Piranha FX® is a compact CNC machine capable of carving and machining a huge variety of parts from wood, soft metals, or plastics. The interchangeable Laser Module will enable you to create detailed photographic engravings, images and lettering. The...
This kit includes the following items:
- CNC Piranha FX
- Laser Module for Next Wave Automation CNC Machines
The CNC Piranha FX® comes with all necessary software, including VCarve Desktop Software, designed to run on any PC computer with a USB 2.0 port. Once you’ve created a project, simply save the program directly to a USB Flash Drive, plug it into the pendant, select your file, and hit the run button. This eliminates subjecting your computer to a dusty shop environment. PC & USB Flash Drive sold separately.
The Laser Module slides right into the FX router cradle, allowing you to add engraving definition directly to your carved projects or create something new.
Includes: CNC Piranha, Laser Module, VCarve Desktop Design Software, Vector Art 3-D Sampler Pack, Touch-Screen Pendant Controller System, Hold-Down Clamps (2x), Protective Glasses for Laser and V-Groove Bit
- Table dimensions: 12'' x 18"
- XYZ travel: 12'' x 13'' x 3''
- Overall dimensions: 19-1/2 ''W x 20-1/2'' L x 18''H
- Aluminum Interlocking Slotted Table Track for highly customizable clamping
- Color Touch Screen Pendant Controller System
- Includes latest version of VCarve Desktop Design Software
- Vector Art 3-D Sampler Pack also included
- Variable power laser with high quality optics for finer control
- Laser Diode Wattage: Less than 3W
- Laser Color (Visible Range): Blue
- Safety Glasses
- Requires a PC Computer with USB 2.0 port (not included)
- Requires a DeWalt, Porter-Cable, or similar style Palm Router (sold separately)
- Requires a Bosch Motor Mounting Bracket (161666) if Bosch motor is being used
- CNC Machine ships fully assembled.
- Made in the USA
Great CNC Machine Package
I was impressed with the value for a machine that will meet my needs well. My only concern is the lack of a detailed manual for the CNC or laser. They would greatly benefit from posting tutorial videos on YouTube. These two recommendations for it's manufacturer Next Wave Automation is desperately needed. I've called their customer service department a couple times and cannot praise Next Wave Automation's excellent technical support. Absolutely excellent!! I'm looking forward to a 4th axis suitable for this smaller platform in the near future. I purchased the touch plate also and have found it an essential accessory for zeroing the Z axis so to avoid cut through to the platform. I purchased the CNC, laser, touchplate, and a Dewalt palm router from my local Birmingham Woodcraft store. The CNC came with palm router mounts for a Dewalt and another mount for a Bosch router.
Next WaveItem 161352