Easy Wood Tools
Ci2-R2 - 2" Radius Negative Rake Carbide Replacement Cutter - Square
Easy Wood Tools® carbide replacement cutters are an essential component of any woodturner's toolkit, offering precision, ease of use, and superior cutting performance. Known for their strength, durability, and excellent cutting ability, the carbide material used in these cutters can...
- Square cutters can remove bulk material fast and efficiently
- Radius cutters allow for some shaping and can be used to create sweeping arcs
- Designed specifically for turning man-made resins & acrylics
- Negative rake grind greatly reduces chipping & catches
- Designed to last longer than traditional steel blades
- Less prone to dulling and chipping
- Easily rotatable and replaceable
- Made in America
- Product: Replacement cutter
- Material: Carbide
- Type: Square - Negative Rake
- Radius: 2"
- Compatibility: For use with the Easy Start, Mini and Mid-Size Easy Roughers
- (1) Easy Wood Tools - Ci2-R2 - 2" Radius Negative Rake Carbide Replacement Cutter - Square
- (1) Replacement 8-32 countersink machine screw
Articles & Blogs
On this edition of Woodworking Adventures, I sat down with Carl & Robin Jacobson at our Woodcraft Vendor Trade Show. We shared some lathe time while talking about their woodworking life together at home and on the road in their mobile shop…. up next…. on Woodcraft’s Woodworking Adventures.
Best thing for turning pen blanks, ever
I had to replace the cutter on my Ci2 (gravity, concrete floors and carbide cutters don’t play well together), so I tried one of these as a replacement. I did 6 wood & 4 acrylic blanks to see how it performed. It was the only tool I used (except for a little fine-tuning w/ a skew chisel) No lost blanks due to breakage. I was able to start sanding at 320 grit. No sharping of my gouges, skews etc.
Doesn't Get Any Better
I have used this on a lot of blanks I had put aside and given up on due to chipping. I have had no problem turning ANY of them with this blade. I highly recommend it !!!
This negative rake carbide cutter works great, just as described. I have used it on Inlace Acrylester and African Blackwood pen blanks with amazing results. Because I have not yet figured out how to resharpen it like other carbide cutters, I only use it on the final shaping of the blanks. I continue to use other carbide cutters and steel tools to do most of the shaping. This cutter does not chatter or dig in like other carbide cutters tend to do on very hard, dense materials.
Easy Wood ToolsItem 164563
Easy Wood ToolsItem 164561
Easy Wood ToolsItem 166759
Easy Wood ToolsItem 164543
Easy Wood ToolsItem 164562
Easy Wood ToolsItem 166760
Easy Wood ToolsItem 164542