Cherry - 3/8" x 3" x 24"
Cherry (Prunus serotina) features heartwood in reddish brown to deep red, with brown flecks, and will naturally darken with age. It is stabile, straight-grained, and has a decent strength-to-weight ratio, though it’s not as hard as some other denser domestic hardwoods. Cherry machines...
Cherry (Prunus serotina) features heartwood in reddish brown to deep red, with brown flecks, and will naturally darken with age. It is stabile, straight-grained, and has a decent strength-to-weight ratio, though it’s not as hard as some other denser domestic hardwoods. Cherry machines well with sharp tools and it is considered one of the best all-around woods for workability. Cherry is commonly used in furniture construction (chairs, chests, tables, and accessories), high-end kitchen cabinetry, architectural paneling (as veneer), turned items and steam-bent projects, such as Shaker boxes.
- Softer and easier to work, than maple or oak, yet sufficiently hard for case goods and trim.
- Smooth texture makes it ideal for carving
- Best color comes with time, apply a clear finish and watch your work mature to a deep, reddish brown
- Native to the Eastern North America with a high population found in the Appalachian and Allegheny Mountains of Pennsylvania and New York
- Thickness: 3/8"
- Width: 3"
- Length: 24"
- (1) Cherry - 3/8" x 3" x 24" - Dimensional Lumber
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.
Articles & Blogs
Craft custom knives for your favorite chef or yourself with Woodcraft’s new ZHEN Premium Damascus Knife Kits and Knife Scale Stock. Designed with the professional chef in mind, ZHEN Knives are the perfect gift for anyone who enjoys cooking, whether an amateur or professional, and making the high quality knives is easy with these kits. Years of Japanese knife making skill and technology go into forging the knife blades in these kits.
During last year’s WoodExpo 2011 at the New England Home Show, we featured a blog on Kevin Mack Fine Furniture. Kevin is located in Malden, Massachusetts and can also be found online at
www.kevinmackfinefurniture.net. The Mack attack is back at the 2012 show with 5 new fantastic entries showing off his creativity and woodworking expertise. The main goal for all 5 pieces was to create 3 color tones in each piece.
Beautiful Cherry Wood
Beautiful wood. Very pleased with the quality of this wood.