Woodcraft Woodshop - Cherry - 2" x 6" x 6"
Cherry (Prunus serotina) features heartwood in reddish brown to deep red, with brown flecks, and will naturally darken with age. It is stabile, straight-grained, and has a decent strength-to-weight...
Item 131075Model 2 x 6 x 6\"
Item 166198Model T51-236
Item 153700Model Purpleheart 3/4x5x36
Item 149941Model AC-CIR-1200
Item 837620Model SC50
Item 415350Model PAR MPL010
Item 124122Model PAR JAT035
Cherry (Prunus serotina) features heartwood in reddish brown to deep red, with brown flecks, and will naturally darken with age. It is stabile, straight-grained, and has a decent strength-to-weight ratio, though it’s not as hard as some other denser domestic hardwoods. Cherry machines well with sharp tools and it is considered one of the best all-around woods for workability. Cherry is commonly used in furniture construction (chairs, chests, tables, and accessories), high-end kitchen cabinetry, architectural paneling (as veneer), turned items and steam-bent projects, such as Shaker boxes.
- Softer and easier to work, than maple or oak, yet sufficiently hard for case goods and trim.
- Smooth texture makes it ideal for carving
- Best color comes with time, apply a clear finish and watch your work mature to a deep, reddish brown
- Native to the Eastern North America with a high population found in the Appalachian and Allegheny Mountains of Pennsylvania and New York
- Thickness: 2"
- Width: 6"
- Length: 6"
- (1) Cherry - 2" x 6" x 6" - Turning Stock (Bowl Blank)
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.