Woodcraft Woodshop - Cherry - 2" x 2" x 30"
Cherry (Prunus serotina) features heartwood in reddish brown to deep red, with brown flecks, and will naturally darken with age. It is stabile, straight-grained, and has a decent strength-to-weight...
Item 159415Model LTB 012.3
Item 152976Model 18mm-3/4x30x48
Item 149760Model BE AAA 1.5X1.5X5\"
Item 163234Model Cherry QS 3/4x5x24
Item 124121Model PAR JAT013.24
Item 50W61Model PAR AM013.30
Cherry (Prunus serotina) features heartwood in reddish brown to deep red, with brown flecks, and will naturally darken with age. It is stabile, straight-grained, and has a decent strength-to-weight ratio, though it’s not as hard as some other denser domestic hardwoods. Cherry machines well with sharp tools and it is considered one of the best all-around woods for workability. Cherry is commonly used in furniture construction (chairs, chests, tables, and accessories), high-end kitchen cabinetry, architectural paneling (as veneer), turned items and steam-bent projects, such as Shaker boxes.
- Softer and easier to work, than maple or oak, yet sufficiently hard for case goods and trim.
- Smooth texture makes it ideal for carving
- Best color comes with time, apply a clear finish and watch your work mature to a deep, reddish brown
- Native to the Eastern North America with a high population found in the Appalachian and Allegheny Mountains of Pennsylvania and New York
- Thickness: 2"
- Width: 2"
- Length: 30"
- (1) Cherry - 2" x 2" x 30" - Turning Stock (Hardwood Leg Turning Blank)
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.
Articles & Blogs
Beautiful, straight, clear pieces.
Best source for turning squares
I have purchased wood from several vendors online. Woodcraft sells Cherry that is about as good as you can buy without being on site to hand pick pieces. There are a few flaws but this is to be expected from Cherry. Will order again.
will order again