Cedar, Spanish - 3/16" x 4" x 24"
Spanish Cedar (Cedrela Odorata) is light reddish brown to dark brown in color. The grain is straight or shallowly interlocked with a moderately coarse texture similar to that of mahogany. Machines and carves well with hand and power tools. Strong yet lightweight. Spanish cedar is really...
Spanish Cedar (Cedrela Odorata) is light reddish brown to dark brown in color. The grain is straight or shallowly interlocked with a moderately coarse texture similar to that of mahogany. Machines and carves well with hand and power tools. Strong yet lightweight. Spanish cedar is really known for its very distinctive fragrance, and thus as the wood of choice for lining humidors, cigar boxes and cigar wrappers. Applications for the wood also include craft projects, high-end cabinetry and furniture, clothing chests, interior joinery, patterns, lead pencils, boat building, canoe decks and musical instrument parts.
- Light reddish/dark brown color and a distinctive scent
- Machines and carves well
- Accepts glue and finish well
- Native to Central and South America
- Thickness: 3/16"
- Width: 4"
- Length: 24"
- (1) 3/16" x 4" x 24" - Dimensional Lumber
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.
Articles & Blogs
A Tale of Two Cedars
Not unlike the masked Lone Ranger and his Spanish counterpart Zorro, there are two tree species from different geographic origins that hide their real identity. What they share is a desirable fragrance.
Tarzan’s Tiny House Adventures
A free-spirited design major at the University of Texas in Austin, 26-year-old Joel “Tarzan” Weber, became fascinated with a simple way of living after a summer trip to Nicaragua.
Second humidor project! First order was perfect! Second bigger humi. Project.All slats were beautiful grain and color,to bad always covered by cigars!
the best place to buy from
E-z to find and the projects that i make , it's all I need. Great results after the finish project is finished.
Cedar, Spanish - 3/8" x 4" x 36"Item 127309
Cedar, Spanish 1/4" x 4" x 36"Item 127304
Cedar, Spanish - 3/4" x 4" x 48"Item 131610
Cedar, Aromatic - 3/4" x 4" x 48"Item 131609
Cedar, Aromatic - 1/4" x 3" x 24"Item 124133
Spanish Cedar Wood Veneer - 4-1/2" to 6-1/2" Width - 12 Square Foot PackItem 147932
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 145118
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 50W11
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 50W04
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 178633