Cabinetmaker's Chisel, 1-1/4"
The cabinetmaker's chisel features classic octagonal boxwood handles - the old favorites of yesteryear's discerning craftsmen. The unique "London pattern" of handle with turned finger contours,...
You May Also Like
- Made in Sheffield, England
- Classic octagonal boxwood handle
- Leather "anti-shock" washer between bolster and handle
- Finely machined bevel-edged blade
- Each chisel is individually inspected and hardness tested
I read a review that stated the back was difficult to make flat. A 1/4 chisel is difficult to work on the flat side or the bevel. It requires a good oil stone and improved hand skill.
BACK NOT FLAT.
I bought this chisel to try out, I use the sorby lathe chisels and love them. I have been sharpening this chisel on and off for 2 months. I still have not got the back flat. I use a dmt extra course plate. I'm not sure if I'll ever get a chance to see if it will ever get sharp.