Woodcraft Woodshop - Blue Mahoe 3/4" x 5" x 24"
Blue Mahoe (Talipariti elatum) is one of the select few wood species with an overall gray heartwood appearance, and it is perhaps the only commercially harvested wood that exhibits the bluish hue....
Item 153699Model Purpleheart 3/4x5x24
Blue Mahoe (Talipariti elatum) is one of the select few wood species with an overall gray heartwood appearance, and it is perhaps the only commercially harvested wood that exhibits the bluish hue. Heartwood can be highly varying in color, generally grayish to olive-brown with streaks of green, blue or even purple. Sapwood is pale yellow and is clearly demarcated. Grain is typically straight with a uniform medium to fine texture. Easy to work with, machines well with both hand and power tools. Common uses for Blue Mahoe include cabinetry, furniture, turned objects, carvings, musical instruments, inlay, marquetry and interior trim.
- Wood exhibits a beautiful bluish hue
- National tree of Jamaica
- Turns, glues and finishes beautifully
- Native to Jamaica
- Thickness: 3/4"
- Width: 5"
- Length: 24"
- (1) Blue Mahoe 3/4" x 5" x 24" Dimensioned Lumber
- Seldom exported out of its natural range of Jamaica. Woodcraft has been able to procure a limited amount of this unique and rarely seen species.
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- ¼" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.