Bloodwood - 3/4" x 4" x 36"
Bloodwood (Brosimium paraense) or "cardinal wood" as it is commonly referred to, is a medium to hard wood with red to crimson color and tight straight interlocking grain. The bright, vivid red color can darken to a darker brownish red over time with exposure to light and air. Applying a...
- Popular imported wood species known for being exceptionally hard, durable, strong, and beautiful
- Excellent for turning
- Finishes well leaving an exceptional and lustrous red to crimson surface
- Native to tropical South America
- Thickness: 3/4"
- Width: 4"
- Length: 36"
- (1) Bloodwood - 3/4" x 4" x 36" - Dimensional Lumber
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.
this lumber will make fantastic accents for box making projects
I would buy this product again.
Sale price was great.
The sale price induced me to try this wood. It has a striking red color and is one of the densest woods I have run across. I have not yet cut into it.