Woodcraft Woodshop - Baltic Birch Plywood 1/4" (6 mm) x 30" x 48"
This item has an additional shipping charge
Baltic Birch Plywood is lightweight multi-ply plywood made entirely of birch plies, using no softwood or filler plies in the center. The result is a product with greater stiffness, strength and...
Item 131401Model 6mm-1/4x24x30
Item 142935Model 142935
Item 152976Model 18mm-3/4x30x48
Item 152977Model 12mm-1/2x30x48
Item 131139Model 6mm-1/4x12x12
Item 152980Model 3mm-1/8x30x48
Item 131406Model 6mm-1/4x12x30
Item 131138Model 3mm-1/8x12x12
Item 131400Model 3mm-1/8x24x30
Item 131402Model 9mm-3/8x24x30
Item 131403Model 12mm-1/2x24x30
Item 50Y02Model 1/4 X 24 X 30
Item 152978Model 9mm-3/8x30x48
Item 131409Model 18mm-3/4x12x30
Item 131405Model 3mm-1/8x12x30
Item 131407Model 9mm-3/8x12x30
Baltic Birch Plywood is lightweight multi-ply plywood made entirely of birch plies, using no softwood or filler plies in the center. The result is a product with greater stiffness, strength and durability. Baltic birch is graded as a B-BB, which means that one face, B, will be a whole face, no splices, have no patches (plugs that are used to cover defects) but may contain knot pattern or mineral streaks. The other face, BB, and the inner plies will contain patches and tight and not so tight knots. Both faces are sanded smooth. Multiple-ply edges can be sanded or routed, and the plywood has excellent screw-holding power. The exterior glue used in this plywood makes it suitable for outdoor projects (with an appropriate outdoor finish). Common uses of Baltic Birch Plywood include cabinet backs, drawer sides and bottoms, painted scrollsaw projects, or when building jigs and fixtures.
- B-BB Grade - one face will not have splices or patches
- Higher quality plywood
- Uses no fillers or softwood
- Uses 40% more dense plies than standard plywood
- Thick face plies allow for more resistance to sand-through
- Composed of birch from parts of Russia
- Thickness: 1/4" (6 mm)
- Width: 30"
- Length: 48"
- 1/4" Baltic Birch Plywood has 5 plies
- Manufactured to metric thickness
- All dimensions are nominal and may be slightly undersized
- (1) Baltic Birch Plywood 1/4" (6 mm) x 30" x 48"
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut to size from quality, kiln-dried stock.
- The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Larger blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Smaller blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Spindle stock (1-1/2" T x 2" W) is dimensioned to within +/-1/8" of size listed.
Articles & Blogs
Excellent for boomerangs!
I use 5 ply (1/4") Baltic Birch to make professional quality boomerangs. This, along with Finnish Birch, is a fantastic wood for this use.
This material was just what we were looking for. The ply count and low weight made it ideal for our prototype.
I would order this product again
It was Baltic Burch plywood, what can I say ? I was concerned that it might be damaged in shipment, but was pleased with the way it was protected and that it arrived in perfect condition.
Great for puzzle making
I am an online retailer of custom wooden jigsaw puzzles. Generally this grade of plywood is defect free on at least one face, and has almost no voids.