Baltic Birch Plywood - 1/8" (3 mm) x 12" x 30"
Baltic Birch Plywood is lightweight multi-ply plywood made entirely of birch plies, using no softwood or filler plies in the center. The result is a product with greater stiffness, strength and durability. Baltic birch is graded as a B-BB, which means that one face, B, will be a whole...
- B-BB Grade - one face will not have splices or patches
- Higher quality plywood
- Uses no fillers or softwood
- Uses 40% more dense plies than standard plywood
- Thick face plies allow for more resistance to sand-through
- Composed of birch from parts of Russia
- Thickness: 1/8" (3 mm)
- Width: 12"
- Length: 30"
- 1/8" Baltic Birch Plywood has 3 plies
- Manufactured to metric thickness
- All dimensions are nominal and may be slightly undersized
- (1) Baltic Birch Plywood 1/8" (3 mm) x 12" x 30"
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut to size from quality, kiln-dried stock.
- The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Larger blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Smaller blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Spindle stock (1-1/2" T x 2" W) is dimensioned to within +/-1/8" of size listed.
Articles & Blogs
I would buy again
This product works great for the detailed patterns for scrollsaw work. The one and only one I use.
Future purchases are a definate
[...] I'm sure I will do my ordering in the future from Woodcraft.
We are using this wood for laser engraving. We need wood that lays flat so it can be engraved and cut out. This wood did not lay flat and was difficult to work with. Some of our projects were ruined due to the wood being warped and not leaving a flat working surface for the engraver. The wood is very good for our needs when it is flat.
Baltic Birch Plywood