Woodcraft Woodshop - Baltic Birch Plywood 1/8" (3 mm) x 12" x 12"
Baltic Birch Plywood is lightweight multi-ply plywood made entirely of birch plies, using no softwood or filler plies in the center. The result is a product with greater stiffness, strength and...
Item 131140Model 9mm-3/8x12x12
Item 131405Model 3mm-1/8x12x30
Item 131400Model 3mm-1/8x24x30
Item 152980Model 3mm-1/8x30x48
Item 131139Model 6mm-1/4x12x12
Item 131141Model 12mm-1/2x12x12
Item 131407Model 9mm-3/8x12x30
Item 152977Model 12mm-1/2x30x48
Item 131409Model 18mm-3/4x12x30
Item 131142Model 18mm-3/4x12x12
- B-BB Grade - one face will not have splices or patches
- Higher quality plywood
- Uses no fillers or softwood
- Uses 40% more dense plies than standard plywood
- Thick face plies allow for more resistance to sand-through
- Composed of birch from parts of Russia
- Thickness: 1/8" (3 mm)
- Width: 12"
- Length: 12"
- 1/8" Baltic Birch Plywood has 3 plies
- Manufactured to metric thickness
- All dimensions are nominal and may be slightly undersized
- (1) Baltic Birch Plywood 1/8" (3 mm) x 12" x 12"
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut to size from quality, kiln-dried stock.
- The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Larger blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Smaller blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Spindle stock (1-1/2" T x 2" W) is dimensioned to within +/-1/8" of size listed.
Articles & Blogs
Eighth inch Baltic Birch Plywood
I have used 3 mm, also known as 1/8 inch Baltic Birch for laser projects and found it to work fine.
they're not 12 x 12
more like 11-3/4"...I guess there is a note in the description mentioning plus or minus 1/4" ....geez.
Great for Laser Cutting!
After reading the other review I was worried but they seem to be wrong. I use these for laser cutting and they work/look great!
I use these for making wall plaques. One piece for the backer, and one piece gets a design scrolled on it. They get sanded, dyed multiple colors, glued together, and finished. I sell a lot of them. I must have pieces with one nice clean face. I made a decent sized order of these panels at a couple of different thicknesses. When they arrived, both sides of almost every piece had serious imperfections. There are dark streaks, knots, scars, and several pieces have jagged looking dark spots on the edge. I'm not really sure how to describe that, but it almost looked like a piece of ply that was ripped up, making a stalagmite looking coloration, but smooth. I have been buying their scrollsaw packs in-store, but find that there are a couple of sizes in there that I just don't use, so I figured I could get the same quality in the sizes I need online. I took a chance, and it didn't work out. I knew I was running that risk when I placed the order. I know better now. Trust your instincts. If you need every piece to have a good face, I would look elsewere.
not worthy of woodcraft
There are deep sanding groves, sanding fuzz, and splinters that catch on clothing. I remember Woodcraft baltic birch that had one excellent side.
I will be buying this product over and o
sands smooth, glues great to add finishing touches to larger wood or plywood projects
baltic birtch plywood
I received 18 sheets of 1/8"X12"X12" Baltic plywood. It was well-grained and sanded. The problem was within 6 hours of opening the box the sheets began warping. The wood was sitting on my kitchen counter all the time with no unusual moisture conditions. I sanded and sealed both sides as soon as I saw what was happening and the warpage stopped. Since the wood is being used to make small parts for miniatures it wasn't much of a problem. If I needed it for boxes or work using larger plywood pieces this wood wouldn't have been usable. It's a puzzle why the warpage started only when the box was opened.
Laser Engraving supplies
I use the Baltic Birch with my laser and it cuts and marks beautifuly
Size is more like 113/4.
Excellent product for my craft projects
These pieces were perfect for my scroll saw crafts. Although one was slightly warped I used it for the smaller pieces and had wonderful results with little waste.