Woodcraft Woodshop - Baltic Birch Plywood 3/4" (18 mm) x 12" x 12"
Save $3.50 Now Through December 24 or While Supplies Last!
Items You May Need
Item 147423Model 878084002407
Item 147424Model 878084002766
Item 161889Model F38F
Item 161891Model F12F
Item 161911Model F12R
Item 161921Model F38B
Item 161923Model F12B
Item 131409Model 18mm-3/4x12x30
Item 159763Model 18mm-3/4x30x48 F2S
Item 131140Model 9mm-3/8x12x12
Item 131404Model 18mm-3/4x24x30
Item 152976Model 18mm-3/4x30x48
Item 131407Model 9mm-3/8x12x30
Item 131138Model 3mm-1/8x12x12
Item 152978Model 9mm-3/8x30x48
Item 131401Model 6mm-1/4x24x30
Item 152977Model 12mm-1/2x30x48
Baltic Birch Plywood is lightweight multi-ply plywood made entirely of birch plies, using no softwood or filler plies in the center. The result is a product with greater stiffness, strength and durability. Baltic birch is graded as a B-BB, which means that one face, B, will be a whole face, no splices, have no patches (plugs that are used to cover defects) but may contain knot pattern or mineral streaks. The other face, BB, and the inner plies will contain patches and tight and not so tight knots. Both faces are sanded smooth. Multiple-ply edges can be sanded or routed, and the plywood has excellent screw-holding power. The exterior glue used in this plywood makes it suitable for outdoor projects (with an appropriate outdoor finish). Common uses of Baltic Birch Plywood include cabinet backs, drawer sides and bottoms, painted scrollsaw projects, or when building jigs and fixtures.
- B-BB Grade - one face will not have splices or patches
- Higher quality plywood
- Uses no fillers or softwood
- Uses 40% more dense plies than standard plywood
- Thick face plies allow for more resistance to sand-through
- Composed of birch from parts of Russia
- Thickness: 3/4" (18 mm)
- Width: 12"
- Length: 12"
- 3/4" Baltic Birch Plywood has 13 plies
- Manufactured to metric thickness
- All dimensions are nominal and may be slightly undersized
- (1) Baltic Birch Plywood 3/4" (18 mm) x 12" x 12"
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut to size from quality, kiln-dried stock.
- The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Larger blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Smaller blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Spindle stock (1-1/2" T x 2" W) is dimensioned to within +/-1/8" of size listed.