Baltic Birch Plywood - 1/2" (12 mm) x 12" x 12"
Baltic Birch Plywood is lightweight multi-ply plywood made entirely of birch plies, using no softwood or filler plies in the center. The result is a product with greater stiffness, strength and durability. Baltic birch is graded as a B-BB, which means that one face, B, will be a whole...
Items You May Need
Baltic Birch Plywood is lightweight multi-ply plywood made entirely of birch plies, using no softwood or filler plies in the center. The result is a product with greater stiffness, strength and durability. Baltic birch is graded as a B-BB, which means that one face, B, will be a whole face, no splices, have no patches (plugs that are used to cover defects) but may contain knot pattern or mineral streaks. The other face, BB, and the inner plies will contain patches and tight and not so tight knots. Both faces are sanded smooth. Multiple-ply edges can be sanded or routed, and the plywood has excellent screw-holding power. The exterior glue used in this plywood makes it suitable for outdoor projects (with an appropriate outdoor finish). Common uses of Baltic Birch Plywood include cabinet backs, drawer sides and bottoms, painted scrollsaw projects, or when building jigs and fixtures.
- B-BB Grade - one face will not have splices or patches
- Higher quality plywood
- Uses no fillers or softwood
- Uses 40% more dense plies than standard plywood
- Thick face plies allow for more resistance to sand-through
- Composed of birch from parts of Russia
- Thickness: 1/2" (12 mm)
- Width: 12"
- Length: 12"
- 1/2" Baltic Birch Plywood has 9 plies
- Manufactured to metric thickness
- All dimensions are nominal and may be slightly undersized
- (1) Baltic Birch Plywood - 1/2" (12 mm) x 12" x 12"
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut to size from quality, kiln-dried stock.
- The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Larger blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Smaller blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Spindle stock (1-1/2" T x 2" W) is dimensioned to within +/-1/8" of size listed.
Articles & Blogs
In this months Woodcraft catalog, July 2012 edition is a special layout showing hundreds of wood species. With varieties from Ash to Zebrawood in styles of bandings to veneers, now is the time for you to benefit from this special offering with savings up to 60% off. You will also find these savings at your local Woodcraft store and online.
Shame on me, I guess, for thinking that 12 x 12 was a full 12 x 12. It was actually around 11 3/4 square.
Flat, square and well finished. Perfect for my use. Also, very reasonable and quick shipping.
Not size advertized
Twelve inch square plywood blanks were to be used for testing exactly 12 inch square designs applied to surface area. None were twelve inches square. All four sets were undersized by one-half inch all edges.
I use the product for scroll sawing.What I got has a good finish & is solid.T[...]
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 159763