Balsa - 1/8" x 3" x 24"
Balsa (Ochroma pyramidale) has sapwood that is a white to off-white or tan color, sometimes with a pink or yellow hue. The heartwood is a pale reddish-brown color, though most boards/blocks of Balsa are from the sapwood. Balsa has a straight grain with a medium to coarse texture and low...
- Premier wood for modeling and carving
- Cuts easily with carving knife
- Can be stained or painted to represent any wood type
- Native to the South American rain forests
- Thickness: 1/8"
- Width: 3"
- Length: 24"
- (1) Balsa - 1/8" x 3" x 24" - Dimensional Lumber
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.