Arm-R-Seal Varnish - Solvent Based - Gloss - Pint
General Finishes® Arm-R-Seal Oil Based Topcoat is an extremely durable varnish suitable for furniture, cabinets, millwork and case goods. The unique oil and urethane resins provide deep penetration into the substrate and forms a hard, tough, beautiful finish resistant to household...
- Highest quality urethane resin
- Extremely durable and long lasting
- Available in satin, semi-gloss and gloss
- Provides deep protection
- Accentuates the "natural" look
- Size: Pint
- Color: Dries amber
- Sheen: Gloss
- Type: oil based ambering topcoat
- Interior/Exterior Use: Interior
- Recommended Use: Interior raw wood surfaces such as cabinets, trim, doors and furniture. Suitable for floors
- Solids by Weight & Volume: Weight - 32-36%; Volume - 28-32%
- Application Method: Wipe, brush, roll, pad applicator or spray
- Coats: 3
- Coverage: 50-60 sq.ft.
- Ideal Drying Conditions: 70°F and 50% humidity
- Dry Time - Touch: 12+ hours
- Dry Time - Recoat: 12-24+ hours for raw wood, 72+ hours for existing finish until non-tacky (Add more time with subsequent coats)
- Dry Time - Light Use: 7-10 days
- Dry Time - Cure: 30 days
- Clean Up: Mineral spirits
- VOC: 531.138 g/L
- (1) General Finishes - Arm-R-Seal Varnish - Solvent Based - Gloss - Pint
- This item is not available for shipment into the State of California. However, it may be available for sale at your local Woodcraft Store. Please call for availability.
Instructions / MSDS
I buy this product all the time
ARm r seal is a very good oil urethane finish.Once you have built up several coats the finish has a great look to it.
Great and easy to put on
I first heard of Arm-R-Seal being used by a professional wood worker, David Marks. I have been using General Finishes products for years with much success and thought I would try this because I needed a strong, durable finish on a piece of sculpture in wood. Because of the vertical surfaces I needed to cover, this product ran too much and I had problems controling drips. I didn't feel comfortable with it so I tried other products on scrap pieces and found a tung oil that I could wipe on for the final project.
General FinishesItem 85F02
General FinishesItem 85F09
General FinishesItem 85F07
General FinishesItem 811176
General FinishesItem 816015
General FinishesItem 85F08
General FinishesItem 811175
General FinishesItem 828527