Amazing Clear Cast Epoxy Resin - High Gloss - 16 oz Kit
Alumilite® Amazing Clear Cast is a clear casting and coating epoxy resin system that cures to a rigid, durable, clear plastic. Amazing Clear Cast is an excellent choice for coating or finishing bar tops, river tables, encapsulation, and all sorts of other clear casting or coating...
Alumilite® Amazing Clear Cast is a clear casting and coating epoxy resin system that cures to a rigid, durable, clear plastic. Amazing Clear Cast is an excellent choice for coating or finishing bar tops, river tables, encapsulation, and all sorts of other clear casting or coating applications. Amazing Clear Cast is an easy to use system that cures overnight, allowing time for air bubbles to evacuate. Amazing Clear Cast can be mixed with Alumilite Dyes and Alumidust to create custom one-of-a-kind colors. See instructions for full details.
- Casting and coating clear epoxy resin that cures to a solid, strong and clear finish
- Easy to use, 1:1 mix ratio system that cures in 24 hours
- Color with Alumilite Dyes, Alumidust, alcoholic inks, or other non-water-base colorants
- Excellent choice for coating or finishing bar tops, river tables, encapsulation, and all sorts of other clear casting or coating applications
- Mix Ratio: 1:1 by volume
- Size: 16 oz. kit = 8 oz. Side A + 8 oz. Side B
- Color: Clear
- Pot Life: 30-40 minutes
- Demold Time (100 gram mass): 24-48 hours
- Full Cure: 5-7 days
- Mixed Viscosity (CPS): 2,600
- Heat Resistance: 400° F
- Heat Deflection Temperature: 130° F
- FDA Compliant: Complies with FDA 21 CFR 175.300
- (1) Alumilite Amazing Clear Cast Epoxy for Casting and Coating - 16 Ounce Kit
- Epoxies in their unmixed state will naturally yellow with time and are NOT recommended over white or any background in which the material’s change in color will affect the appearance of the item. It is recommended for high gloss coating over colors or surfaces where yellowing of epoxy will not be noticed or be an issue. Yellowing of the hardener can occur as soon as 30-60 days. Yellowing does not affect ultimate cure of product when properly measured, thoroughly mixed, and fully cured.
- Amazing Clear Cast cures slowly to allow air bubbles to rise to the surface and pop. To help pop them at or near the surface, you can spray a fine mist of isopropyl alcohol (93%) over the surface during the first hour after application. A second option is waving a propane torch over the surface. The flame should never come in contact with the resin, only the heat from the torch. Do not use alcohol in conjunction with a propane torch or the presence of any flame or ignition source!
Instructions / MSDS
Articles & Blogs
Incorporating resins and epoxies into woodworking is becoming more and more prominent. But how do you know which type to use for your project? How do you mix it? How do you make a mold? Woodcraft is here with all the answers you need to create your own one-of-a-kind turning blanks, river tables and more!
Creative people are discovering the fun in using resin to create turning blanks, item encapsulations, bowls, river tables and more. To meet their project needs, Woodcraft continues to expand its line of resins and related products – and to encourage these makers Woodcraft will be sponsoring a contest in March.
More than 500 entries were received in Woodcraft’s “Pour to Win” Contest, with resin artists from California and Kentucky taking the top prizes. Click here to read more and be inspired!
our Fall 2021 Woodcraft
Catalog, we featured a short scoop on a Checkerboard build with one of our
interns, Nikhil Narwani. Although his only woodworking experience was in the
novice category of woodturning pens, he wanted to take this opportunity to
learn more. No better time and place to add to his resume with this experience,
than with Woodcraft and its staff of
experienced woodworkers both at the Parkersburg Woodcraft store
and from our corporate
office. You can have fun being the “King” of the workshop with this enjoyable
project build and in playing the game; it’s a win-win for everyone!
Lizard BlanksItem 167178
Lizard BlanksItem 167173