30" x 40" VSR Lathe with Sliding Bed - 3 HP 1 Ph 220V
Rikon® 30" x 40" VSR Lathe with Sliding Bed - Model: 70-3040, has power, precision, and adjustable sizing, making this lathe a favorite among professional turners and is perfect for turning large bowls, platters, or spindles. This space-saving lathe is extra heavy-duty and made of solid...
- Powerful 3 HP 220V TEFC industrial motor provides robust, reliable power for all turning needs
- 36 indexing positions allow for precise and accurate positioning of the workpiece during machining operations
- Motorized sliding bed increases spindle length from 20" up to 40"
- Electronic variable speed controls a wide range of operating speeds
- Easy-to-read LCD readout displays speeds ranging from 20 to 3850 RPMs in forward or reverse rotation modes
- Magnets on the back of the control box allow for placement anywhere along the bed for quick control of the lathe speeds or emergency stop
- Heavy cast iron and steel beds, headstock, tailstock, tool rest, and leg stand all reduce vibration when roughing stock for final shaping
- Heavy steel legs include brackets for installing one or two shelves to store your turning tools and supplies
- Includes stand, spur center, live center, faceplate, tool rest, knock-out bars, wrenches, and tool holder
- Product: Lathe
- Style: Floor Standing
- Motor: 3 HP TEFC (Totally Enclosed, Fan-Cooled)
- Voltage: 220V
- Amps: 14.8A
- Hertz: 50/60 Hz
- Motor Phase: 1 Ph
- Motor Speed (No Load): 1,720 RPM
- Sliding Bed Motor: DC 24V
- Recommended Breaker Size: 20A
- Spindle Rotation/Direction: Forward/Reverse
- Speeds: Variable 20 - 3,850 RPM
- Speed Ranges (3): 20–650 RPM; 50–1,750 RPM; 100–3,850 RPM
- Swing Over Bed: 12"
- Swing Over Tool Rest: 23-7/32" to 31-1/4"
- Working Distance between Centers: 20" to 40"
- Tool Rest Post Diameter: 1"
- Spindle Nose: 1-1/4" x 8 TPI
- Headstock/Tailstock Taper: MT2
- Ram Travel: 4-11/16"
- Indexing Positions: 36
- Overall Size (L x W x H): 61-5/8" to 81-5/8" x 30-1/8" x 50-3/8"
- Overall Base Size: 31-13/16" x 7-7/32"
- Net Weight: 546 lb.
- Shipping Weight: 665 lb.
- (1) Rikon® 30" x 40" VSR Lathe with Sliding Bed - 3 HP 1 Ph 220V
- (1) Stand
- (1) Spur center
- (1) 60° Live center
- (1) 3-3/8" faceplate
- (1) 12" Tool rest with height extension
- (1) Knock-out bar
- (1) Tool holder
Shipping / Billing InformationThis product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 7-21 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Residential delivery fee applies for all LTL items.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
If you have a return issue, contact Woodcraft Supply customer service @ 1-800-535-4482 for return details. Customer pays return freight.
When returning product, please include the invoice number or customer number and refer to the back of the invoice for shipping instructions.
If purchased at a Woodcraft Store, please return the item directly to the store where your purchase was made.To be eligible for credit for returned Rikon goods, customers must comply with each of the following requirements:
Request to return defective or damaged goods by distributors must be submitted to RIKON Power Tools and will be reviewed for product misuse, abuse, negligence, accidents, repairs, alterations, lack of maintenance or normal wear and tear before giving authorization to return said goods.
Defective/Damaged goods that are returned to RIKON Power Tools and show misuse, abuse, negligence, accidents, repairs, alterations, lack of maintenance or normal wear and tear are subject to a restocking charge equal to 15% of the credit given for the returned goods or $25.00, whichever is greater.
Instructions / MSDS
I’ve been using my rikon 70-3040 for 8 months now. Have found it to preform very well. Plenty of power, and the sliding bed has worked as advertised. I’ve had no issues with the bed or alignment. I mostly turn bowls and this lathe has easily handled the 24+ inch walnut and maple I’ve thrown on it. Very pleased. My only complaint is it did not come with a plug end for the machine. I had to purchase one and wire it up. Not a huge deal, and maybe they’ve changed that, but it was an annoyance I didn’t expect with a 4K machine.