30" x 40" VSR Lathe with Sliding Bed
Rikon's 30" x 40" VSR Lathe with Sliding Bed - Model: 70-3040, has power, precision and adjustable sizing making this lathe a favorite among professional turners and is perfect for turning large bowls, platters or spindles. This space-saving lathe is extra heavy-duty, made of solid cast...
- Motorized Sliding Bed – Increase spindle length 20” up to 40”
- Motor & Switch – Beefy 3HP motor delivers ample power
- Index Head – 3-Step, multi-V pulleys include 36 index positions
- Control Box – Magnetic back positions controls anywhere on long bed
- LCD Speed Display – Big easy-to-read speeds from 20 to 3850 RPMs
- Banjo – Cast iron tool rest base is extra wide and sturdy
- Motor: 3 HP TEFC, 220V, 50/60Hz, 14.8A
- Motor RPM: 1,720
- Direction: Forward/Reverse
- Number of Speeds: Variable
- Speed Ranges (RPM): 20–650 / 50–1,750 / 100–3,850
- Swing Over Bed: 12"
- Swing Over Tool Rest: 23-7/32" to 31-1/4"
- Working Distance between Centers: 20" to 40"
- Tool Rest Post Diameter: 1"
- Spindle Nose: 1-1/4" x 8TPI
- Headstock/Tailstock Taper: MT2
- Ram Travel: 4-11/16"
- Indexing Positions: 36
- Overall Size: 61-5/8" to 81-5/8" L x 30-1/8" W x 50-3/8" H
- Overall Base Size: 31-13/16" x 7-7/32"
- Net Weight: 546 lb.
- Shipping Weight: 665 lb.
- (1) Rikon 30" x 40" VSR Lathe with Sliding Bed
Shipping / Billing InformationThis product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 7-21 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Residential delivery fee applies for all LTL items.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
If you have a return issue, contact Woodcraft Supply customer service @ 1-800-535-4482 for return details. Customer pays return freight.
When returning product, please include the invoice number or customer number and refer to the back of the invoice for shipping instructions.
If purchased at a Woodcraft Store, please return the item directly to the store where your purchase was made.To be eligible for credit for returned Rikon goods, customers must comply with each of the following requirements:
Request to return defective or damaged goods by distributors must be submitted to RIKON Power Tools and will be reviewed for product misuse, abuse, negligence, accidents, repairs, alterations, lack of maintenance or normal wear and tear before giving authorization to return said goods.
Defective/Damaged goods that are returned to RIKON Power Tools and show misuse, abuse, negligence, accidents, repairs, alterations, lack of maintenance or normal wear and tear are subject to a restocking charge equal to 15% of the credit given for the returned goods or $25.00, whichever is greater.
Instructions / MSDS
I’ve been using my rikon 70-3040 for 8 months now. Have found it to preform very well. Plenty of power, and the sliding bed has worked as advertised. I’ve had no issues with the bed or alignment. I mostly turn bowls and this lathe has easily handled the 24+ inch walnut and maple I’ve thrown on it. Very pleased. My only complaint is it did not come with a plug end for the machine. I had to purchase one and wire it up. Not a huge deal, and maybe they’ve changed that, but it was an annoyance I didn’t expect with a 4K machine.
12" x 16-1/2" Midi Lathe - 1 HPItem 172639
14 x 40 Benchtop Wood Lathe Model JWL-1440VSItem 861605
14" x 20" Woodworking Lathe with Stand - 1 HP 1 Ph 115V - PM2014Item 172523
14" x 20" Benchtop Woodworking Lathe - 1 HP 1 Ph 115V - PM2014Item 172522
20" x 35" Woodworking Lathe with 6" Risers - 2 HP 1 Ph 220V - 3520CItem 424072
14 x 40" Wood Lathe with Legs Model JWL-1440VSKItem 861606