18" X 24" VSR Lathe - 2-1/2 HP 230V
Black Friday Power Tool Deals Extended - Save 20% - November 23 - December 4
The Rikon® Model 70-1824VSR Variable Speed Lathe is a powerful and versatile machine offering a range of benefits for novice and experienced woodworkers. With a 2-1/2 HP, 230V, 14A motor, this lathe can handle various turning projects, from small pens and bowls to larger spindles and...
The 70-1824VSR uses an inverter to control the motor's operating efficiency and speed while regulating torque to give the craftsman the consistency needed when turning projects. The speed ranges offer spindle speed settings from 50 to 3850 RPM, allowing users to select the optimal speed to ensure clean and efficient cuts. This lathe also features an indexing head with 24 positions, which allows for precise and accurate positioning of the workpiece during machining operations.
In addition to its performance capabilities, the Rikon Model 70-1824VSR2 offers several convenience features, including a swivel headstock, spindle lock, three bed extension positions, digital readout display, moveable magnetic control box, 115V outlet for plugging in lights or other accessories, and increased tool storage.
- Powerful 2-1/2 HP DC motor
- Machined bed and matching components give precise alignment
- Ball-bearing construction for smooth, precise spindle operation
- Lathe bed has machined ends and front for adding extensions to increase turning capabilities
- Increased spindle height for creating greater diameter spindles, bowls and platters
- Magnets on back of the control box allow it to be placed anywhere easily accessible to turners for quick controlling of the lathe speeds or emergency stopping
- Adjustable locking handles keep components positioned securely
- Pivoting belt cover for easy access when changing belt speeds
- PRO tool rest features hardened steel top rod to provide extra control of tools when turning
- Product: Lathe
- Style: Floor Model
- Motor Horsepower: 2-1/2 HP TEFC (Totally-enclosed, fan-cooled)
- Motor Amps / Hertz: 14A 50/60 Hz
- Motor Volts: 230V
- Motor Phase: 3 Ph with inverter
- Motor RPM: 1,720 RPM
- Direction: Forward (C-Clockwise) & Reverse (Clockwise)
- Number of Speeds: 3
- Speed Ranges: 50-900/ 100-1,850 / 200-3,850 RPM
- Swing Over Bed: 18"
- Swing Over Tool Rest: 13-3/4"
- Working Distance Between Centers: 24"
- Tool Rest Post Diameter 1"
- Spindle Nose: 1 1/4" x 8 TPI
- Headstock Taper: MT2
- Tailstock Taper: MT2
- Ram Travel: 4-1/2″
- Overall Length: 63"
- Overall Width: 24-3/8"
- Overall Height: 47-3/8"
- Overall Net Weight: 373 lbs.
- Bottom of Base to Spindle: 43-5/16"
- (1) Rikon 70-1824VSR - 18" X 24" VSR Lathe - 2-1/2 HP 230V
Shipping / Billing InformationThis product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 7-21 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Residential delivery fee applies for all LTL items.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
If you have a return issue, contact Woodcraft Supply customer service @ 1-800-535-4482 for return details. Customer pays return freight.
When returning product, please include the invoice number or customer number and refer to the back of the invoice for shipping instructions.
If purchased at a Woodcraft Store, please return the item directly to the store where your purchase was made.To be eligible for credit for returned Rikon goods, customers must comply with each of the following requirements:
Request to return defective or damaged goods by distributors must be submitted to RIKON Power Tools and will be reviewed for product misuse, abuse, negligence, accidents, repairs, alterations, lack of maintenance or normal wear and tear before giving authorization to return said goods.
Defective/Damaged goods that are returned to RIKON Power Tools and show misuse, abuse, negligence, accidents, repairs, alterations, lack of maintenance or normal wear and tear are subject to a restocking charge equal to 15% of the credit given for the returned goods or $25.00, whichever is greater.