14" x 20" VSR Midi Lathe - 1-1/2 HP 1 Ph 115V
The Rikon® 14" x 20" VSR Midi Lathe - 1-1/2 HP 1 Ph 115V is the largest benchtop lathe in the Rikon® line of machinery. This upgraded model gives woodturners greater stock-holding capacity both in swing and distance between centers, allowing you to turn larger bowls and longer spindles....
Use the headstock's outboard threaded spindle and optional 13-1/2" Extension (70-903) to add 4" of extra turning diameter capacity. Mount this same extension to the front of the lathe bed, and with the remounted tool rest, you can safely turn the outside edges or backs of bowls. Lastly, the right bed end of the lathe is machined to attach the optional 13-1/2" or the longer 24" extension (70-904) for increasing the working distance from 20" to 44" for spindles.
Equipped with a powerful 1-1/2 HP TEFC DC motor, the Model 70-1420VSR provides ample power for demanding turning projects. The lathe features 24 indexing positions, each 15° apart, allowing for precise and accurate workpiece positioning during machining operations. The variable speed control allows for easy spindle speed adjustment within three ranges from 250 to 3850 RPM, providing optimal speed for various materials and turning applications. The heavy-duty cast-iron bed and headstock provide stability and durability for years of reliable use. Convenient built-in storage compartment for tools and accessories, keeping everything within reach and organized.
- Powerful 1-1/2 HP TEFC DC motor
- Machined bed and matching components give precise alignment
- Ball-bearing construction for smooth, precise spindle operation
- Lathe bed has machined ends and front for adding extensions to increase turning capabilities
- Increased spindle height for creating greater diameter spindles, bowls and platters
- Magnets on back of the control box allow it to be placed anywhere easily accessible to turners for quick controlling of the lathe speeds or emergency stopping
- Adjustable locking handles keep components positioned securely
- Pivoting belt cover for easy access when changing belt speeds
- 8” PRO tool rest features hardened steel top rod to provide extra control of tools when turning
- Product: Lathe
- Type: Benchtop
- Motor Horsepower: 1 1/2 HP TEFC (Totally Enclosed, Fan-Cooled)
- Motor Amps / Hertz: 6A 60 Hz
- Motor Volts: 115V, 1PH
- Motor RPM: 2,900 RPM
- Direction: Forward (C-Clockwise) and Reverse (Clockwise)
- Number of Speeds: 3
- Speed Ranges: 150-720 / 550-1,650 / 1,300-3,850 RPM
- Swing Over Bed: 14"
- Swing Over Tool Rest: 10-5/8"
- Working Distance between Centers: 20"
- Tool Rest Post Diameter: 1"
- Spindle Nose Inch x TPI: 1 1/4" x 8 TPI
- Headstock Taper: MT2
- Tailstock Taper: MT2
- Ram Travel: 4"
- Indexing Positions: 24
- Overall Length: 43-3/8"
- Overall Width: 17-3/8"
- Overall Height: 18-1/4"
- Overall Base Size: 36-3/4" x 8-3/8"
- Overall Net Weight: 137 lb.
- Bottom of Base to Spindle: 15-9/32"
- (1) Rikon® - 14" x 20" VSR Midi Lathe - 1-1/2 HP 1 Ph 115V
- (1) 3-3/8" faceplate
- (1) 8" PRO tool rest
- (1) Spur center
- (1) Live center
- (2) Knockout bar (1 long, 1 short)
- (1) Tool holder
Shipping / Billing InformationThis product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 7-21 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Residential delivery fee applies for all LTL items.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
If you have a return issue, contact Woodcraft Supply customer service @ 1-800-535-4482 for return details. Customer pays return freight.
When returning product, please include the invoice number or customer number and refer to the back of the invoice for shipping instructions.
If purchased at a Woodcraft Store, please return the item directly to the store where your purchase was made.To be eligible for credit for returned Rikon goods, customers must comply with each of the following requirements:
Request to return defective or damaged goods by distributors must be submitted to RIKON Power Tools and will be reviewed for product misuse, abuse, negligence, accidents, repairs, alterations, lack of maintenance or normal wear and tear before giving authorization to return said goods.
Defective/Damaged goods that are returned to RIKON Power Tools and show misuse, abuse, negligence, accidents, repairs, alterations, lack of maintenance or normal wear and tear are subject to a restocking charge equal to 15% of the credit given for the returned goods or $25.00, whichever is greater.