10" Dual Bevel Miter Saw JMS-10X
Shipping Fee of $39.00
Upgrade your compound miter saw with the JET® dual bevel 10” sliding compound miter saw, JMS-10X. This will be one of the most versatile saws in your shop. Efficiently cut miters, bevels, straights, and compounds with precision and accuracy over a hand saw. A workhorse in your shop...
- Dual bevel capability with up front controls to maximize cutting of compound angles
- Change miter angles quickly with the single motion thumb lever
- Enclosed linear bearings allow for smooth and controlled slide operation
- Durable compact die cast aluminum construction
- Heavy duty 15 amp motor easily powers through wood
- Ergonomic, D-shaped, ambidextrous, rubber grip handle for maximum control
- Razor thin high visibility red laser provides precise cut line reference
- LED light provides additional visibility in low light areas
- Miter detent override provides fine adjustment for infinite miter angles
- Adjustable left and right fence and extension tables provide greater versatility and support
- Bevel stops at 0, 33.9 and 45 degrees (left and right)
- Cut capacity at 45 degrees: 12" x 1-9/16" left and 12" x 1" right
- Motor: 1 PH
- Blade Speed: 4200 RPM
- Miter Capacity: 52"L and 60" Right
- Cut capacity at 45 degree Bevel: 52"L and 60"R Length
- Miter Stops: 0, 15, 22.5, 31.6, and 45 degrees Left and Right
- Cut Capacity at 45 degree - Bevel: 8-1/2" w x 3-9/16" d
- Cut capacity at 45 degree - Compound: 8-1/2" x 1-9/16" left and 8-1/2" x 1" right
- Volts: 115
- Blade Size: 10"
- Motor Amps: 15
- Laser Guide: Red
- Bevel Type: Dual
- Arbor Size: 5/8"
Shipping / Billing InformationAll shipments must be inspected and any damage reported within 3 days of receipt.
Address corrections and cancellations may not be possible once order is submitted. Requested changes may incur additional charges.
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in 7-10 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Instructions / MSDS
So Far... So Good...!
Just a quick disclaimer in case you haven't figured it out from my title, I have only owned this saw for a relatively short time < 1 month. However, I am very impressed with this saw in the amount of time that I have had it. I used a 12" Porter Cable that I actually build an entire miter stand around for about 2.5 years. I always had a love/hate relationship with that saw, but could never bring myself to spend any extra to upgrade it. I found myself wishing that I had the sliding miter capability on a number of instances, and I hated the fact that when I wanted to do a precision cut, I had to mark my board and then basically touch the blade on the board to see where I was actually going to cut. Small annoyances, but annoyances non the less... Well, the problem basically fixed itself as I was recently using my Porter Cable and it malfunctioned and tried to set my garage on fire... So... That's pretty much the end of that... Obviously, I wasn't super keen on getting another Porter Cable, but I also didn't want to spend a ridiculous amount of money on a Festool either. I wanted something that was reasonably priced, but has good features and will last a while (not try to burn my house down). After looking at pretty much everything under the sun, I decided to roll the dice on this saw because it met my criteria for price and it is made by Jet, who I trust... As you would expect for a miter saw, setup was basically non-existent. Just take it out of the box and make some very minor adjustments and it is ready to go... One thing that I noticed right off the bat after this saw was ready to use was just how smooth the sliding action is. It feels very smooth and also very sturdy. Another thing that I liked was the fact that the positive stops for the angles are not super annoying and/or overbearing. You can easily click in and out of each stop without much effort. I also liked how simple it is to set the depth of cut and how easy it was to hook this up to my dust collection system. Pretty much wins across the board there. When in use, I have to say that I like that there isn't a abrupt start to the blade when you power the saw on. It's not quite the smooth start of a Festool or a Bosch router, but it's not the violent start that my Porter Cable had. I have also found the laser to be pretty much spot on, which is amazing. Cuts are pure with minimal tear out even with the stock blade. All in all, I am super happy that I purchased this saw. If you don't want to spend $1,000,000 on a Festool, consider this as an alternative. It's not quite as compact, but I think that it will treat you well. Thanks!