The Slimline PenComments (0)
slimline pen uses a standard 7 mm mandrel, 7 mm bushings, and a 7 mm drill bit.
The plain band used in the demonstration can be switched out for a more ornate
band, as shown below. The blank for this pen was cut from a maple burl growing
in the forests of Virginia.
- 24-karat Slimline Pen kit or kit of choice
- 7 mm mandrel with slimline bushings
- Maple burl or material of choice
- Drill bits, 7 mm
- Pen insertion tool
- Cyanoacrylate (CA) glue, thin and medium
- Barrel trimmer
- Pen press
- Assorted grits of sandpaper through 800 grit and Abralon sanding pads
- EEE cream and woodturner’s finish
article is excerpted from Pen Turner's Workbook by Barry Gross.
Pen, Pencil, & Stylus Kits
You must be logged in to write a comment. Log In