Now Hiring: Staff EditorComments (0)
Good with wood? Good with words?
We’re looking for a well-rounded woodworker with publishing experience to join our team.
- Produce 2-3 feature articles and at least one department per issue, as bylines or by working with contributors.
- Manage and direct authors to develop content from raw idea to finished story.
- Design and build woodworking projects.
- Review and manage project proposals and contracts.
- Serve as 2nd editor to review colleagues’ articles for accuracy and comprehension.
- Collaborate effectively with authors, artists, and photographers.
- Direct photographers and models during photo shoots.
- Work closely with art staff to produce compelling and informative layouts.
- Maintain story budgets.
- Participate in issue planning and issue critiques.
- Utilize industry knowledge and contacts to improve content quality.
- When necessary, represent Woodcraft Magazine at trade shows and industry events.
- Woodworking experience and competency with woodworking tools
- Ability to develop multiple articles and manage various authors at the same time
- Understanding of technical drawings
- Journalism degree or equivalent experience
- Three to five years experience as a woodworking editor/writer
- Photography and/or videography skills a plus
- Competitive health insurance program, dental, vision.
- Vacation, paid sick leave.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Good with wood. Good with words.” in the subject line.
You must be logged in to write a comment. Log In