(Dalbergia melanoxylon) Purplish black to dark brown with black streaks. Firm, heavy wood with exceptionally good working qualities. Cuts very smoothly and evenly, taking an excellent finish directly from the tool. Chief uses are musical instruments, ornamental inlays and turned objects such as chess pieces or pool cues. Size is nominal.The grain is mostly straight with a fine texture
Very nice to work
Very hard, dense, stable wood
Considered one of the best woods in the world for turning
A member of the Rosewood family
6" x 6" x 2"
Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, while the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 5 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships via ground to the 48 contiguous states.
- Excess weight freight charges may apply.
Each piece of wood is unique. Return authorization is required. Customer pays return freight and may be subject to a restocking fee. Contact Woodcraft Customer Service at 800-535-4482 for return assistance.