Save 10% on Laguna Tools
Your favorite Laguna Tools are on sale right now!
NOVA Precision Midi Chuck
Ideal for mini, midi lathes, or for smaller turnings on large lathes.
Save $45 Today!
Save 50% on WoodRiver® Bit Set
The 100-Piece Brad and Twist Bit Set makes a great addition to any shop.
Buy Now $24.99
Look up product instructions, videos and articles about your favorite tools using our Learning Center.
Join us on your favorite social network! Share your projects and learn from other woodworkers.
Please Note: This item can only be shipped ground to the 48 contiguous states. Some
items cannot be shipped via air due to being flammable, magnetic, contains batteries,
hazardous fumes or where contents are under pressure. Please use a physical address
not a PO Box during checkout.
of respondents would recommend this to a friend.
1 - 5
Back to top
Strong, Heavy Duty Stand
Rochester, New York
Stand for DeWalt 13" Planer Model DW735
I purchased this mobile base with the Dewalt DW735X planer kit. This mobile base is a must. The planer is heavy and this heavy duty mobile base makes it very easy to move around with minimal effort. However, the assembly instructions are poorly written. The assembly diagram in the instructions works well to aid in the stands assembly.
Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
Great Stand, Horrible Directions
The stand is a nice heavy duty accessory. Well built and solid. In this regard, it is one of the better stands available----if you can get it together!
The directions are bad. If you are mechanically inclined, and have experience in assembling things, you'll get through it without much more than disgust for the Dewalt management who approved the directions. You'll have a pretty good stand at the end too.
I hope the following advice will make assembly a bit easier. You will need a large phillips screw driver, a 13mm wrench and a 13mm socket with a short extension.
1. Spread all the parts out, study them carefully, read the labels on the parts bags and study some more. Don't open the parts bags until you're ready to use them.
2. Study the drawings/pictures.
3. The base is NOT assembled as claimed by the directions. Use the 4 bolts/nuts/lock washers in the appropriately labeled bag to assemble the 4 base pieces. Make them snug, but don't tighten all the way. You'll need some play to get other pieces to fit.
4. Bolt down the wheel brackets with the shorter bolts supplied, but leave the inside bolt a bit loose. This is where two of the legs get attached.
5. Put the wheels on using the bolts in the little bag for the wheels. Use the bolts with lock nuts for the two outer wheels. Don't over tighten these---just enough to eliminate any sideways wobble or the side wheels will not turn. The bolts with lock washers work better for the center wheel. Study the drawing for the center wheel and bolt down. The foot lever goes to the inside of the stand.
6. Attach the legs. The leg end with the most holes goes UP. There is only one bolt per leg on the base. You'll have to remove one nut on each of the side wheels to do this. Use the short bolts and do not over tighten things, snug but loose so other parts can properly fit.
7. Attach the 2 middle shelf brackets using the short screws. Snug, not too tight. Then attach the shelf.
8. Attach the top side pieces. The two side pieces with the rectangular indentation (one has a Dewalt Logo) go on LAST and on the OUTSIDE of the legs. The two other side pieces go on the inside. Snug the bolts, but not tight yet.
9. Put the top on with the 4 phillips head screws and nuts. Tighten the top's screws.
10. Go back now and tighten all the screws/bolts on the stand. Then double check to make sure everything is tight and ready for the planer.
Again, hope this helps.
Odd construction, but solid piece
After years of using my planer on a flimsy table at my friend's house (long story), we finally chipped in together and got this DeWalt stand. Heavy piece, went together fairly easy, took the two of us about an hour (including some time to find his wrench & socket set), and the planer bolted into place nicely.
Had to mount the levered wheel outboard as it was difficult to use it inboard with the shelf in place, but that is a personal choice, your mileage may vary.
No noticeable vibration or shaking with the planer in operation, at both low and high speeds. Wheels around easily.
Only improvement I would make to it is a different design to the leveling feet, as the instructions were not clear how to mount them or adjust them.
I have a small shop and need to move equipment around to maximize space requirements. All equipment is mounted on casters except workbenches.
Great accessory for DW 735
If you don't build your own cart for the DW 735, this is a great alternative. [...]. The pieces lined up exactly and the finish on the stand was very good. Easy to move about the shop and very stable when in the stationary mode.
1 - 5
Back to top
©2015 by Woodcraft Supply LLC