Porter Cable now gives you the ability to use biscuit joinery in stock with a width as narrow as 1-1/2"!
Whether you're a professional or weekend warrior, the Porter-Cable 557 uses carbide blades, offers a host of cutting options, and delivers precise, reliable results. No matter what type of wood you're working with, this high-performance joiner kit gives you optimum control. Perhaps the most important feature of the 557 is its 7.5 Amp motor--an industry leader--which rotates the blade at 10,000 RPM. There's also an innovative fence system with a pivot point that provides accurate height readings, and a fencing plate for stabilization, centering, and spacing; a keyhole-slotted blade cover and spindle lock for quick and easy blade removal and changing; and seven different cutting settings for a range of fasteners. Additionally, the 557 offers a technologically advanced biscuit for the construction of cabinet face frames. An included four-inch blade makes standard-size cuts, while a two-inch blade (optional - not included) easily handles cuts as minute as 1-1/2 inches. Finally, a micro height-adjust knob enables proper biscuit positioning, and a tilting system gives you the freedom to place the fence from zero to 135 degrees. The 557 comes with a 30-day performance certification, and the following: joiner, four-inch carbide blade #5558, wrench #886041, dust bag #883175, chip deflector #886490, carrying case, and instruction manual.
Four-inch blade makes standard-size cuts
Plate joiner kit handles a variety of wood and offers seven different cutting settings
Industry-leading, super powerful 7.5 Amp motor rotates blade at 10,000 RPM
Measures seven inches in height and weighs 7.5 pounds
Comes with 4" blade, centering plate, wrench, dust bag, and chip deflector
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 2-4 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Contact Customer Service at 800-535-4482 for information on returns. Non-defective returns may be subject to a 20% restocking fee and return freight.
PORTER-CABLE CORPORATION warrants to the original purchaser that all products covered under this warranty are free from defects in material and workmanship. Products covered under this warranty include air compressors, air tools, service parts, pressure washers, and generators, which have the following warranty periods:
- 3 YEARS - Limited warranty on 2-stage oil-free air compressor pumps that operate at 1725 RPM.
- 2 YEARS - Limited warranty on oil-lubricated air compressor pumps.
- 1 YEAR - Limited warranty on all other air compressor components.
- 2 YEARS - Limited warranty on electric generator alternators.
- 1 YEAR - Limited warranty on other generator components.
- 2 YEARS - Limited warranty on pneumatic air tools.
- 1 YEAR - Limited warranty on pressure washers used in consumer applications (i.e. personal residential household usage only).
- 90 DAY - Pressure washers used for commercial applications (income producing) and service parts.
- 1 YEAR - Limited warranty on all accessories.
Porter-Cable will repair or replace, at Porter-Cable's option, products or components which have failed within the warranty period. Service will be scheduled according to the normal work flow and business hours at the service center location, and the availability of replacement parts. All decisions of Porter-Cable Corporation with regard to this limited warranty shall be final. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
RESPONSIBILITY OF ORIGINAL PURCHASER (initial User):
- To process a warranty claim on this product, DO NOT return it to the retailer. The product must be evaluated by a Porter-Cable Authorized Warranty Service Center. For the location of the nearest Porter-Cable Authorized Warranty Service Center call 1-888-559-8550, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Retain original cash register sales receipt as proof of purchase for warranty work.
- Use reasonable care in the operation and maintenance of the product as described in the Owner’s Manual(s).
- Deliver or ship the product to the nearest Porter-Cable Authorized Warranty Service Center. Freight costs, if any, must be paid by the purchaser.
- Air compressors with 60 and 80 gallon tanks will be inspected at the site of installation. Contact the nearest Porter-Cable Authorized Warranty Service Center that provides on-site service calls, for service call arrangements.
- If the purchaser does not receive satisfactory results from the Porter-Cable Authorized Warranty Service Center, the purchaser should contact Porter-Cable.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER: