Are your machined dovetails or box joints just a little off from a perfect fit? If so, you need to take a hard look at your router template guide bushings.
Many standard template guide bushings are stamped and lack the overall precision of a machined bushing. In some cases, even the bushings that are machined may have an outside diameter (O.D.) that is inaccurate or the bushing allows you to install your router bit off-center in the bushing. In either case, it is impossible to take full advantage of your precision jig's ability to produce perfect fitting joints.
WHITESIDE Precision Template Guide Bushings are not only machined to exact O.D. tolerances but they also include a special alignment pin that mates with the inside diameter (I.D.) of the bushing and the router collet so the router bit will be absolutely on-center.
- Each template guide bushing is constructed of brass and includes a matching knurled lock ring
- The 3/8" O.D., 9/32" I.D. guide bushing works with various shelf pin jigs and box joint templates
- The 7/16" O.D., 11/32" I.D. guide bushing works with most dovetail jigs
- The 5/8" O.D., 17/32" I.D. guide bushing works with various dovetail jigs, box joint templates and hinge jigs
- Consult your jig's instruction manual to confirm the size bushing needed