Cut with a blade that will last longer and give you superior performance! Unlike the stamped die cut blades, all of Freud's blades are cut to the exact size by a high performance laser.
Freud Specialty Blades
- Freud blades have 2 different coatings.
- The Silver I.C.E. coating resists corrosion and resin build-up, and resists heat up to 2 times longer than standard polished blades.
- The red Perma-Shield coating virtually eliminates heat from friction in addition to corrosion and resin build-up.
- The carbide tips on the Freud blades are TiCo Hi-Density Carbide from Freud's own manufacturing facilities in Italy.
- Specialty blades are divided into two classes.
- The first (ALUM) is for non-ferrous metals and requires the use of a lubricant that can be sprayed on the blade every 4-5 cuts.
- The second type is for cutting plastic, plexiglass or solid surface material.
- SLDSURF (825273) for solid surface or plexiglass.
- PLEXI (828654) for plexiglass or plastic.
- 10" blades have 5/8" arbor, 12" blades have 1" arbor.
- TK = thin kerf.