Using a unique beveled, circular cutting tip, this revolutionary tool makes fast, deep, controlled hollowing cuts in end grain quickly and easily. You no longer have to be an expert woodturner to safely perform difficult end grain cuts in hollowing operations. The complete Termite kit includes a maple handled tool shank, #1 and #2 cutting tips, grinding jig, stone, and instructions.
- Machined from HSS, the Termite ring tip produces a clean shearing cut, which means you spend less time sanding and finishing and more time turning.
- Termite tips are held securely in the 1/2" diameter, maple handled tool shank by a set screw.
- The tool comes with two interchangeable ring tips, a #1 (5/16" dia.) and a #2 (7/16" dia.).
- A larger #3 (9/16" dia.) ring tip is available as an optional accessory below.
- Overall length is 23-1/2".
- Cutters can be quickly reground to original factory sharpness using the supplied grinding point and grinding jig block.