Unlike Western man-made stones, water rather than oil is used on Japanese stones to prevent the surface from being clogged with metal particles. We offer two classes of stone: coarse and finishing. The coarse stones are 250, 800, 1000, and 1200 grit.
King Deluxe Gold Polishing Stone
- The 250 and 800 grit are faster cutting and used for repairing nicked edges or reshaping a bevel.
- The 1000 or 1200 grit stones are used for the first stage of the actual sharpening.
- The polishing stone or Shiage Toishi contains a polishing compound.
- Residue from the coarser stone should be wiped from the tool prior to polishing to avoid transferring the coarser grit.
- A polished edge is quickly established, and unlike harder western stones, any trace or wire edge is removed in a single sharpening.
- Japanese water stones are softer than Western styles causing a fresh, sharp surface to be continually exposed to the tool edge.
is the finest Japanese artificial finish stone. The gold stone will give a mirror polished edge. Stone measures 8-1/4" x 2-7/8" x 7/8". Plastic base attached. Man-made Nagura stone included.King Deluxe "S" Series Polishing Stones
for razor-sharp edges. Both have attached plastic bases. 6000 grit.Combination Water Stones
. A fine man-made stone used to prepare polishing stones for use. It is rubbed in a circular motion over the wet polishing stones to quickly get the abrasives into a paste consistency to save sharpening time and encourage even wear on stones. Approx. size 7/8" x 7/8" x 3".
King Brand Deluxe Coarse Stones
. For repairing and reshaping tools, 8-1/8" x 2-5/8" x 1-3/8".
Coarse Grit Japanese Water Stone
for flattening and shaping carbide or carbon tool steel blades. Silicon carbide abrasives rapidly remove metal. Recommended for initial sharpening of dull edges or removing nicks. 8"L x 2-1/8"H x 3-1/8"W.