Dozuki Saws with Replaceable Blades
are popular with Japanese craftsmen for cutting fine furniture joints.
- Feature the precision and durability of tensioned high carbon steel blades which are easily removed from their bamboo-wrapped handles for replacement when worn
Ryoba Saws are used by Japanese craftsmen to cut large joints found in architecture, furniture construction and boat building.
- Two working edges, the crosscut edge has 9 TPI and the rip 4-1/2 TPI
- Made of the highest quality tempered steel with a long tang securely held in a wooden handle
- Teeth cut on the pull stroke
- Cloth case included with Ryobas only
Crosscut Razorsaw is designed for quick cutting of hardwoods.
- Blade has 13 TPI, is 240mm (9-7/16") long, 52-70mm (2-3/4") wide, is of thicker stock (0.6mm) than our regular Dozuki saws for added rigidity
- Blade is easily removed from the 10-3/4" handle by loosening a single screw
Dozuki "Z" Saw is one of the smoothest cutting saws you'll ever use, ideal for tight fitting, precision joinery.
- 26 TPI x .012" thick blade of this saw (the best selling saw in Japan) can be quickly changed by a simple tap on the back
- Rigid back insures accurate cuts with the 240mm (9-1/2") x 60mm (2-3/8") blade
- Overall length 535mm (21")
Bakuma Cross Cut Saws offer an aggressive cutting action which is great for general purpose, quick cutting of both hard and soft woods.
- Handles are raffia wrapped and blades feature impulse hardened teeth so they wear less and stay sharp longer
- Both saws have replaceable blades
Japanese Beading Saw is great for very small, fine joinery work where accuracy and saw control are critical.
- Developed with, and for, period furniture maker Ron Clarkson
- Perfect for creating those small, delicate dovetails seen on the finest antique furniture
- Pull stroke cutting with this .010" thick 23 TPI, steel backed beading saw leaves precise, thin kerfs (approx. 1/64") and unbelievably smooth cuts
- Overall length 14-1/2", blade is 7-1/4" with a 6" cutting length
- Maximum cutting depth is 1/2"
Feather Edge Saw Files are specially designed to sharpen the very fine teeth of Japanese handsaws or European backsaws.
- Small 75mm Yasuri is for sharpening Dozuki saws
- Larger 100mm file is for larger Ryoba teeth