Introducing the New and Improved Version 3 WoodRiver® Bench Hand Planes!
Our new Version 3 bench hand planes are still based on the reliable Bedrock design and feature heavy, stress -relieved ductile iron castings, fully machined adjustable frogs and A-2 blades but we took the opportunity between manufacturing runs to do a critical review and make a few improvements. We’ve changed the shape of the rear tote and increased the diameter of the blade adjustment wheel to make advancing the blade a bit easier. We improved the lateral adjustment lever and added a traditional style bearing for better control of the blade. We’ve made numerous changes to the castings that result in better "feedback" and a solid feel to the user. Working closely with our own manufacturer, we’ve continued to make improvements in machining, finish and functionality which we feel have yielded hand planes that are meant to be used and offer an extraordinary value.
- Modeled after the Bedrocks, Stanley Tool's very best line
- WoodRiver® hand planes feature the same heavy castings and fully machined frogs
- This arrangement reduces chatter by supporting the blade and helps to reduce tear-out when planing highly figured wood
- Stainless Lever Cap
- Lightly finished Bubinga handles provide comfort and control
- Soles and sides are machined flat and square within tightly held tolerances
- Tools require minimal no tune-up prior to use
- Light touch up on the high-carbon Rc60-64 blades will enable you to go right to work
Spokeshaves are used to shape and smooth chair legs, wheel spokes and rods of all sorts. The WoodRiver shave is a robust casting of ductile iron featuring a high carbon RC60-64 blade and an adjustable front shoe to control the depth of cut. The heavy (1.05 lbs) cast iron body actually increases tool control, making it easier to shave with one or two hands. This, combined with the adjustable shoe for depth control will make this one of your favorite hand tools.