More and more often turners are solving difficult workpiece holding problems by using vacuum chucking. Vacuum chucking is perfect for securely holding turnings without marring surfaces and fast chucking and removal of workpieces. When reversing bowls to turn of the base vacuum chucking provides unobstructed access to the entire surface so you can leave no holding marks and vacuum chucking makes holding natural edge bowls easy! The Hold Fast™ system along with a compressor is all you need to set up a vacuum chuck on any lathe with a hollow headstock spindle and #2 Morse Taper.
Hold Fast™ Chuck Reversing Adapters
- System is comprised of a dual venture vacuum generator which requires only 2.5 CFM between 55 and 65 PSI
- The vacuum generator has a built in pressure regulator and vacuum gauge
- The vacuum adapter passes through your hollow headstock to connect the vacuum generator to the vacuum chuck
- The adapter's sealed bearing greatly reduce the vacuum required compared to other brand adapter with "leaky" unsealed bearings
- The adapter features an 18" plated threaded tube which you cut to fit your lathe headstock
- The 3" Vacuum Chuck Head can hold convex or concave shaped workpieces
- Made of glass filled nylon with an aluminum mounting adapter and comes with two O-ring seals to hold convex or concave pieces and anti lock spindle washer
- This system includes everything you need to move up to vacuum chucking including an instructional DVD
feature #2MT on one end to fit into your tailstock and threaded on the opposite end to screw into your chuck. Unscrew your chuck off the lathe headstock without removing your bowl, screw the reversing adapter into the chuck and install the bowl-chuck-adapter into your tailstock. By sliding the tailstock up the bed until the bowl touches the vacuum head you can perfectly center your bowl on the vacuum head to finish turning perfectly centered!
Hold Fast™ Vacuum Adapter Kit
contains all the parts necessary to pass vacuum through your headstock if you already have a vacuum pump. The kit features the same sealed bearings, 18" threaded tube as the complete system, and 4' of 3/16" ID vacuum hose. Provides an easy method of attaching a vacuum source to any wood lathe with a #2MT hollow headstock spindle. Can be used with any of the vacuum heads listed above or other user made fixtures held on a face plate.