Never again will you feel like you need three hands to tighten your workpiece in a woodturning chuck! Using a unique chuck and key system, the Stronghold allows you to hold your workpiece in one hand and tighten/loosen the chuck jaws with the other! In addition to one handed key operation, this chuck offers the finest engineering and the most precise machining we have seen. With the capacity to hold a wide range of stock shapes and sizes, this 8 pound geared scroll chuck features a design developed by turning professionals and built to stand up under the most demanding turning operations.
Stronghold Threaded Adapters
- The heavy duty 4-1/2" diameter body helps dampen rough stock turning vibrations while providing a powerful, secure grip.
- Other features like a nickel plated scroll body, taper lock bushings for left or right hand use, and profiled "step" jaws for superior gripping of round or square stock all add up to make this the professionals choice.
- Stronghold kit includes: 1/2" x 1-1/2" RH jumbo wood worm screw.
- #2 jaw set (grips round sock from 1-3/4" to 3", square stock from 1-3/8" to 3".
- Expands into dovetail recesses from 2-1/2" to 4").
- Operating key
- Hex screws
- T-handle hex wrench
- Removeable threaded adapter
- Instruction booklet
allow maximum versatility! Each Stronghold Chuck has a removable threaded adapter. By removing your existing adapter, and installing one with a different thread pattern, you can use your Stronghold Chuck on a different lathe! (A) #1 Jaws
for holding small work. Grips round or square stock from 1/2" to 2", expands in dovetail recesses from 1-1/8" to 2-5/8". (B) #3 Jaws
for bowls, vessels and platters. Designed for strength, these jaws are built to handle "large" turnings. Grips round or square stock from 3-1/2" to 5-1/2" in diameter, or expands into dovetail recesses from 4-1/2" to 6" in diameter. Jumbo Jaws.
Designed to re-chuck bowls and plates up to 12" in diameter for complete "bottom finishing". The 8 rubber grippers cushion and hold your work piece during light finish turning and sanding operations. (Not shown). Capacity for the jumbo jaws are as follows: External Chucking 2-3/4" minimum to 10-3/4" maximum. Internal Chucking 4-3/4" minimum to 12" maximum.