Like all Hunter tools the new #5 hollowing tool features Hunter's round carbide cutter that will cut just about everything you throw at them. Easy to control and smooth cutting these are great tools for beginners and a welcome addition for advanced turners. Once the tip dulls, just loosen, rotate slightly to a new razor sharp section and continue turning. When it eventually wears out, the tip is easy to replace.
- No grinding or lapping of the cutter is needed
- High quality carbide tip provides an edge life 25-30 times longer than other similar tools
- The #5 was designed with box makers and turners in mind, who like to work on smaller but deep vessels
- The Hunter #5 features a 5/8" shank tapering down to a 3/8" cutter so you can extend over the rest without vibration and chatter for smoothing out those deep boxes and vessels
- 8-1/4" shank
- 25" overall tool length
- Uses the same components as the # 3 tools.