The Koch System is the finest and fastest carving tool sharpening system in the world. Many sharpening systems claim to make the sharpening process faster and easier but the Koch delivers. This system was designed to eliminate time and frustration associated with sharpening and to this end, we’re continually amazed at how easy it is to use. The unique, "thermal-reactive" properties of the sharpening wheels and paste are what make the Koch Sharpening system different. Within a few seconds the heat generated by pressing the tool against the wheel turns the paste into a liquid that cools and sharpen at the same time. The resulting edge has no burr and there was no danger of bluing your tool’s cutting edge. A quick wipe to remove excess sharpening paste and you're back at work. From the smallest veiner to the largest gouge - putting an edge on a carving tool has never been easier.
The Koch Sharpening System comes complete with four different colored wheels and two pastes.
- The red and yellow wheels are mounted on the outside arbor position and are designed to be used with curved tools like gouges.
- The green and blue wheels are mounted on the inside arbor position and are designed to be used with straight tools.
- The blue honing paste is formulated for use with the yellow and green wheels to produce a more honed or polished edge.
- The green sharpening/grinding paste is designed for use on the blue and red wheels and is used for more aggressive sharpening.
- 1/3 hp, 110V motor with 3' power cord
- Some assembly required
- Instructions included.