Powder metallurgy is not new to turning tools, but until now the available tools were expensive. Crown has succeeded in developing powdered metal tools that provide all the same benefits, but at a reasonable price. The advantage of these super grade steels is that a tool retains its edge longer, it's a direct result of the steel being harder and tougher. Even the softest wood has an abrading effect on the cutting edge of a tool.
Crown Pro-PM Boxed Set
- The harder the steel the better it resists this abrading and the longer they stay sharp.
- Even more important, they are at their prime in terms of cutting efficiency for far longer than their high speed steel counterparts.
- Remember, all tools can be made equally sharp, it is the retention of a productive cutting edge that is the important factor.
- These tools will keep their edge for up to three times that of M2 high speed steel.
- What does all this really mean? Less sharpening, more turning, better cuts for a longer time!
- European ash handles.
- Honing required before use.
of 5 includes 3/8" spindle gouge; 3/8" bowl gouge; 3/4" roughing gouge; 3/4" skew; 1/4" parting tool.