1. All Pfeil tools are sharpened and honed, ready to use.
2. Chrome vanadium steel, special alloy made to Pfeil specifications.
3. Long blade length between 110 – 135 mm. Overall tool length 245 – 270 mm.
4. Pfeil special tool steel combines outstanding elasticity with unsurpassed edge-holding properties.
5. Unique manufacturing process guarantees consistent tool shaping and quality. We forge all our own tools.
6. The inside sweeps are finely ground and polished.
7. All steel surfaces are smooth and polished.
8. Tools are hardened to edge of bevel.
9. Blades electronically hardened to exacting tolerances. Tempered to RC 55-61.
10. Pfeil insignia and tool identification number.
11. Full bolster and square tang for optimal stability.
12. Internal steel ferrule under bolster prevents handle from splitting.
13. Easy-to-grip octagonal ash handle provides sure control.
14. Article identification number: First digit denotes profile or sweep. Second digit denotes width of cutting edge, measured side to side in mm.
15. Handle finished with solvent-free lacquer or natural oil.
16. Hardwood for handles from ecologically managed Swiss forests.
17. Each tool comes in a protective plastic pouch.
18. Quality-control inspection at every stage of manufacturing process.