(Colophospermum mopane) The heartwood is brown reddish brown, while the sapwood is yellow to light brown. Mopani is very hard and heavy. Its tonal qualities make it very popular for flutes, piccolos and other traditional instruments. It works relatively easy and will take a good finish.
Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, while the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
Size: 3" x 3" x 30"
Carving and Turning Blocks: Blocks are sawn to +/- ¼" of size listed.
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 5 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships via ground to the 48 contiguous states.
- Excess weight freight charges may apply.
Each piece of wood is unique. Return authorization is required. Customer pays return freight and may be subject to a restocking fee. Contact Woodcraft Customer Service at 800-535-4482 for return assistance.